Holy Trinity – Shaw
Client:Holy Trinity PCC
Architect:Lloyd Evans Prichard
Contract Period:22 weeks
Contract Sum:£ 134000
The parish church of Holy Trinity, Shaw was designed by the architect Richard Drew and was consecrated in 1871. The building was constructed from squared, coursed stonework with slate covered roofs. The four bay nave has clerestory windows above flanking lean to aisles and the impressive crossing tower has a pyramidal slate roof. Slate roofs also cover the transepts, chancel, side chapels and vestry and the building has been listed Grade II by English Heritage.
Lambert Walker were appointed by architects Lloyd Evans Prichard to undertake a programme of works as part of an ongoing course of restoration. This work comprised the removal and replacement of the existing chancel roof at the east end of the Church together with new lead work. Removing the existing roof covering enabled the treatment and replacement of defective roof timbers as required and the installation of insulation.
Rainwater goods consisting of cast iron gutters and downpipes were also renewed. Limited masonry repairs were also carried out including repointing and rebedding of coping stones. Chancel glazing was restored, while internal works repaired wall and ceiling finishes and decorations.