Blackburn Cathedral Clergy Court
Client:The Canon of Blackburn Cathedral
Contract Period:52 weeks
Contract Sum:£ 655,000
Lambert Walker have recently been appointed to work with architects Purcell and contractor John Turner & Son on a new build project adjoining Blackburn Cathedral. The church of St Mary the Virgin was built in 1826 and with the creation of the Diocese of Blackburn in 1926 it became Blackburn Cathedral.
The £5.5m Clergy Court Development will see the construction of new offices, residential accommodation, a refectory and underground car parking within the grounds of the Cathedral. Lambert Walker expertise will be responsible for carving and fixing new masonry, including the laying of new limestone flooring. Lancashire gritstone will be carved by Lambert Walker stonemasons to provide a wide range of architectural elements including ashlar walling, door surrounds, mullion windows, parapet copings and kneeler and capping stones.