All Saints Church – Stand. Phase 4
Client:The PCC of All Saints, Stand
Architect:Lloyd Evans Prichard
Contract Period:30 Weeks
Contract Sum:£ 186244
The church of All Saints was built due to the growing population of Preswich during the 1800’s. The church was designed by Sir Charles Barry in 1821 for a cost of £20,000. The foundation stone was laid that year with the Bishop of Chester consecrating the Church in September 1826.
Lambert Walker were appointed by architects Lloyd Evans Prichard to undertake Phase 4 of works at All Saints Church. These works included major masonry works to the stonework of tracery windows and pinnacles, involving complete dismantling and rebuilding and the refurbishment of the stained glass. Pinnacles and other areas of stonework decay were also repaired and repointed with a lime based mortar. Internally, the plaster vaulted ceiling was repaired and dry rot works were carried out to prevent further deterioration. Repairs to the floor surface also meant existing decorative tiles had to be relaid and new tiles laid to match existing.