All Saints Church – Stand. Phase 3
Client:The PCC of All Saints Church
Architect:Lloyd Evans Prichard
Contract Period:25 Weeks
Contract Sum:£ 194098
The church of All Saints was built due to the growing population of Preswich during the 1800’s. The church was designed by Sir Charles Barry in 1821 for a cost of £20,000. The foundation stone was laid that year with the Bishop of Chester consecrating the Church in September 1826.
Extensive masonry works took place at All Saints to the South East Tracery Window and the buttress pinnacles. The stained glass to the South East window was removed and a complete rebuild took place. Dry rot works were carried out internally and the vaulted ceiling ribs were reformed and re-plastered.